Blockchain technology is not only useful for financial technology but has also targeted the gaming industry, blockchain gaming is a new breakthrough in gaming applications.
If the traditional game is with a centralized system, with the presence of Dapp, game development has brought a new era by combining fun and economy.
If in a centralized game all user login and password data are stored on the server and the administrator or owner of the game has full control over its data user (items, logins, passwords, and virtual money are all managed by the game administrator).
However, unlike the Blockchain Game and Dapp Concepts, there is no data stored and controlled by the administrator or owner/manager of the game, because the system is decentralized.
Work from home CFD, forex trading online with TenkoFX
TenkoFX broker regulated by IFSC Belize
- 1 Blockchain and gaming industry
- 2 What is Blockchain gaming?
- 3 How does Blockchain gaming works?
- 4 Blockchain Game Alliance
- 5 Blockchain gaming companies
- 6 Blockchain gaming platform
- 7 How do blockchain games make money?
- 8 Is Blockchain gaming safe?
- 9 Blockchain gaming advantage
- 10 Blockchain gaming disadvantage
- 11 Final Thought
Blockchain and gaming industry
The game has a history that goes along with the development of the computer itself, in 1969 this online game was started which was originally for educational purposes and was played by two users.
In the early 1970s, a system with time-sharing capabilities, called Plato, was created to make it easier for students to learn online, where multiple users could access the computer at the same time according to the time needed.
1995, the restrictions on NSFNET (National Science Foundation Network) were removed, making access to the complete domain of the internet, the gaming industry grew rapidly to date.
The problem in the current gaming industry
Massive growth in the centralized gaming industry turns out to have some serious weaknesses or problems, such as:
- Server crash causing data loss as a technical problem.
- System infiltration from Hackers.
- Games that can be closed at any time.
- Account Suspend by the Game manager.
- Virtual Item Value Manipulation of the game by Managers and administrators.
- There is no data transparency of the game.
Some of the problems above are classic problems faced by the gaming industry today. And the presence of Blockchain games is a new solution, and hope to overcome these problems.
What is Blockchain gaming?
Blockchain gaming is built by combining games in blockchain technology with cryptography. This is software that can be linked to the cryptocurrency market. Yes, this is a world-shaking discovery.
All items obtained in the blockchain game such as weapons, skins, experience points, have real value that can be exchanged for other players.
For example, in a blockchain game, you have successfully passed the highest level and you have possession of a certain item, say a weapon, point, which becomes your inventory. And through Blockchain games allow you to trade with new players.
If in the current digital games the player does not have any value even though he has collected the highest points, but these item does not have any value in the real world.
But in a game blockchain, you may be able to sell it (legally and openly) to other players. Current technology is not secure enough to prevent fraudsters.
How does Blockchain gaming works?
Blockchain games are like distributed databases. Blockchain-based systems are utilized to verify and secure all types of digital data including game history, digital holdings, and token assets. The main subject is to attract the game company and return it to the players.
In this way, each player can have complete control over their account and digital assets and have complete freedom to trade these assets at any time. There are many different ways to develop and maintain blockchain-based games.
Blockchain-based games allow players to have permanent ownership and full control of their in-game assets. Usually, each asset is represented by a non-fungible token (NFT) such as the ERC-721 token.
Assets can include cards, skins, equipment, and in-game characters. But regardless of the asset type, all of them can be linked to tokens on the blockchain managed by a distributed network.
Blockchain games allow for the creation of a decentralized marketplace. This eliminates the need for trust between players while also providing resistance to censorship. All players can freely buy, sell and trade their in-game assets on a peer-to-peer basis.
Blockchain and smart contracts provide the power to reduce costs and speed up funds transfers. They can also facilitate all types of payments not only for peer-to-peer deals but also between players and developers.
Blockchain games allow players to trade assets between different games by linking in-game data and items to token coins on the blockchain.
So that players can recycle their digital assets while trying different games. Since game items (properties) represent using digital tokens, players can trade these tokens on other gaming marketplaces hosted on the same blockchain.
Blockchain enables the creation of an open-source, distributed, and transparent game server based on the application. The game mechanics possible to change if the majority of the network provides voting support.
In addition, the distributed blockchain prevents hackers and fraudsters from deactivating the game because it does not have a single point of failure.
Blockchain games also allow players to play without limits. The game will stay alive as long as the blockchain network continues to operate even if the developer leaves the project.
Blockchain Game Alliance
To develop blockchain-based games, the idea arose to form a Blockchain Game Alliance, this is a coalition of game developers, publishers, suppliers of blockchain, venture capitalists, and others, who become a group to promote blockchain in the gaming industry.
The Blockchain Game Alliance, abbreviated as BGA, is an organization that aims to promote blockchain in the gaming industry. Raise awareness of blockchain technologies and drive their adoption by highlighting their potential to drive new ways of creating, publishing, playing, and building strong communities around games.
To develop in the community, they open forums for individuals and businesses. The community may share their knowledge and collaborate, create common standards, build best practices and networks.
Blockchain Game Alliance’s member
The current BGA members are, Ubisoft, Matic Network, Chromia, Mobox, AMD, Galaxy Interactive, Bozon Protocol, TZ APAC, AnRkey X, XAYA, Digital Entertainment Asset, The Tap Project, Fear, Polkadot, Hackernoon, DappRadar, Animoca Brand, ARK.io, OneWayBlock, CoinTribune, Algorand, Antler Interactive.
NonFungible.com, IOI – Trade Race Manager, Triumph X, Illuvium, Star Atlas, GamerHash, VulcanForged, ConsenSys, NEXTYPE FOUNDATION, Gameloft, Drops, YooShi, B2Expand, BlockPegnio, Castle Crypto, Engine, EverdreamSoft, FYX Gaming.
BGA member part 2
Planetarium, Sheppard Mullin, Bright Star Studios, The Sandbox, Ultra, Reality Gaming Group, Somnium Space, Seascape Network, Sky Mavis, Upland. Web3 Foundation, dfuse, Venly, Horizon, NFT London Meetup, Altcoin Buzz, Blockchase, Dark Country, Museum of Contemporary Digital Art, Play to Earn, bountyblok, The DApp List, DappReview.
Lazarus, Inc., Blockchain Entertainment Lab, EOS Costa Rica, Crypto is, Spiceworks GmbH, Altcoin Fantasy, Nice1 Blockchain. Experimental, Phantasma Chain, Cryptio, CMT Digital, VIBEHub, Merfolk Games, NOD Games, Atari, Inc., Steel Media Ltd.
BGA member part 3
FunFair Technologies,CryptoMotors & Pixelchain, MetaMask, OpenSea, Infura, Sorare, CUDOS, Blockade Games, Salad.io, Parsons & Whittemore. Dapper Labs, Waterdeep, FirstBlood Technologies, Blockchain Cuties Universe, Rarible, Dacoco Gmbh, Near Protocol.
GAME Credits,Validation Capital, App.com, Cartesi,Partavate Studios, Simplex, Community Gaming, CryptoStache, Second Legion Studios, Gamma Law, P.C. Division Network Gala games, $WHALE, E1337, Outlier Ventures, SuperRare, Blocklete Games, HASH CIB, BCA Solutions, GOATi Entertainment Pty Ltd.
BGA member part 4
Gynecoid DÜO,Byterum, Playset, GAME, Tokenization Limited, Guida & Associates, Avalanche, Conflux Network, VCOIN. Tatum, Leyline, Node Runners DAO, CryptoPick,Quazard Financial Gaming, Aave, Aavegotchi, Yield Guild Games, Exeedme, Fuego HD. Ludena Protocol, Decentral Games, Pepemon, Immutable, BeInCrypto, Crypto Briefing, DFSocial, GamyFi, Starter.
Bondly Finance, GameInfluencer, Utrust, QUDO by BlockBastards, TradeStars, NFThub, Tsinghua International Blockchain Association. Proton, Crypto Colosseum, Playthora, Guild of Guardians, Stardust, Onessus, Revomon, Curvegrid, GamePower, NFTSwaps.
BGA member part 5
Monkhub, Triple O Games, Mazer Gaming, Amplify Games, Tokenwised, PunkPirates, DeFine Art, SIX 3D, Ethermore, dotmoovs, Revolve Games. Digital Village COFFE multichain, Effort Economy, Citizen Finance, The PhotoMode, Totality Corp, Coindogs, The Kryptomon Company, AngelDAO, Bitcoin Mexico.
Blockchain Game Alliance’s sponsor
Blockchain gaming companies
The growth of Blockchain Gaming has provided opportunities for blockchain gaming companies to gain new players in the gaming industry. There are tens or even hundreds of blockchain gaming companies that give a new feel to the gaming industry.
Quoting from Builtin, there are seven blockchain gaming companies that are currently market leaders. Here are 7 blockchain games companies as the leading market:
- Mythical game, This is a Seattle Washington-based company, blockchain-based gaming studio technology company.
- Unikongold, The company is also based in Seattle Washington, which is an e-sports betting platform-based gaming company.
- Opskins, The company is based in Santa Monica, California, which is a marketplace for gamers to buy and sell collectible video games with a cryptocurrency.
- Dreamteam, It’s also a Santa Monica, California-based company, it’s also an e-sports based blockchain gaming company.
- Blok Party, The company is based in San Francisco, California, being one of the pioneers of blockchain game development powering console games and collectible games.
- Korrobox, The company is based in Los Angeles, California, which is a peer-to-peer gaming marketplace, powered by Blockchain.
- World of Ether, The company is located in Newyork, is a decentralized game using Ethereum tokens,.
Blockchain gaming platform
There are several blockchain gaming platforms that offer their own uniqueness, for example, Playkey.io, XAYA, PlayGames, Forte, etc..
Playkey is a blockchain gaming platform, more than 2 billion gamers use a decentralized cloud-based platform. The development platform starting in 2013 has reaches a value of 109 billion USD in the gaming industry volume. In its ICO Playkey managed to raise more than 10 million USD.
XAYA’s blockchain gaming platform achieved a market capitalization of over 2 billion USD and is one of the leading decentralized gaming platforms.
Another platform is Forte, which is a startup with a valuation of more than 1 billion USD and has achieved fundraising of $185 million according to several sources.
Blockchain games for android
Blockchain-based game developers not only create and design games for PC or browsers, but Android users can also download and install blockchain-based games.
- Blockchain game, this game is from Bitcoin Alien, available to download on the google play store, allows playing games and the opportunity to earn Bitcoin.
- Upland, This is a virtual property trading game that is quite interesting because gamers can buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on real-world addresses.
- Axie Infinity is a collectible game, enables it to run for android, Mac OS, and IOS, but it is not available on the google play store, and users have to download the app on its official website.
- Chain Clash is a battle game that enables it to run on android and also supports IOS, but unfortunately, it is not available on the google play store.
- Reality Clash is an action game, which you can play on an android smartphone, it also supports IOS, which uses Ethereum blockchain, you can download it on the google play store.
- Worldopo is a strategy-based game that you can download on the google play store, more than 10 thousand people have tried this game.
Blockchain games IOS
- Axie Infinity, to install this game on an IOS smartphone, you need a Tesflight app, then download the game through the app.
- War of Ants, a game from Anarchy Enterprises available to download in the application store, this 94 MB size game is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later.
- Coin Hunt World, this game is available for android and IOS. Requires the Testflight app to download this app on an IOS smartphone.
- CryptoMonkey Empire is a crypto game that allows gamers to make crypto money. At the time of writing the download for IOS is not yet available and only coming soon.
- My Crypto Saga is a card game, from TokenPocket. You can download it in the app store, this game requires IOS 11.0 or later.
- CryptoCrusades is a game built for android and IOS, it is a strategy blockchain empire-building game.
Blockchain games PC
- Splinterlands, is a collectible trading card game based on the Ethereum blockchain. Allows playing on a computer, also available for android and iOS.
- Gods Unchained is also a card game and uses the Ethereum blockchain, which is a card trading game.
- Lost Relics, is an adventure game which is a blockchain game that requires an enjin wallet to start.
- Axie Infinity. This is a popular game that powers Pokemon games that use the Ethereum blockchain.
- The Sandbox game is a digital land and property game. Becoming one of the top games to play in blockchain games.
- The Six Dragons, is an adventure game, is game that uses a cryptocurrency called The Six Dragons Token or TSDT.
How to play blockchain game
To start the blockchain game, players can read the game guide to playing. Because each game has its own way to play.
If players use android, beginners may be able to try to play and learn it, as experience will find something fun and a challenge. Because blockchain-based games allow players to earn real money.
How do blockchain games make money?
Blockchain game developers make it possible to make money by selling NFT in the form of collectible games. Such as weapons, properties, and so on that requires in a game. Maybe you’ve heard of a player spending large sums of money just on a game. And that is one strategy developers make money.
Besides, the developer also allows making money by monetizing the game with ads.
This is a classic way and players can play games for free. Some games even provide rewards that allow redeeming onto crypto wallets.
Is Blockchain gaming safe?
When compared with centralized games, the security of the game blockchain is more secure. Because it uses cryptographic encryption and is a decentralized blockchain. Where each block is spread across the network, hackers impossible to hacking.
Hackers cannot modify, delete existing transactions in the blockchain network. That is the reason why gaming blockchains are generally secure.
Blockchain gaming advantage
- Making effective payment processing cost.
- Minimize fraudulent activities.
- Storage safety and security.
- Control gaming economy.
- Reducing price gaming items.
- The data is in the hands of the player not in the hands of the Administrator.
- Unique Virtual Item NFT Token Ownership.
- Decentralize Market for Virtual Items.
- FairPlay Game.
Blockchain gaming disadvantage
- Scalability, most blockchains have speed issues.
- Less Adoption.
- Most of the games are still classic.
Blockchain games are still very new, however, there have been Thousands of DApps and games built on the blockchain network.
This shows that blockchain technology has great potential in the gaming industry. Blockchain provides significant advances for players and developers, particularly in terms of decentralization, transparency, and interoperability.
You may like