Trezor is a hardware wallet that has high security as a Ledger wallet, but how to use Trezor wallet?
In the cryptocurrency environment, having a crypto wallet is very crucial, where investors or traders keep their crypto tokens, maybe from mining, staking, trading, and others.
Many experts recommend that for security reasons, a person who stores large amounts of funds, stores crypto assets in a hardware wallet. The main reason is that the hardware wallet is not connected directly to the internet. The potential for hacking is very small.
Work from home CFD, forex trading online with TenkoFX
TenkoFX broker regulated by IFSC Belize
- 1 Trezor wallet explained
- 2 Is Trezor a good wallet?
- 3 How do I set up a Trezor wallet?
- 3.1 Connect TREZOR to your computer
- 3.2 Go to trezor.io/start
- 3.3 Install Trezor Wallet
- 3.4 Install the latest firmware
- 3.5 Give a Name the device Trezor
- 3.6 Unplug and plug it back in to reconnect the device and open wallet.Trezor.io.Setting PIN
- 3.7 Write down seed phrase recovery
- 3.8 Enter the PIN to access the wallet
- 4 How do I buy Bitcoins with a Trezor wallet?
- 5 How to use the Trezor bridge
- 6 How to use Trezor for Axie infinity
- 7 How to use a Trezor with Coinbase
- 8 How to use Trezor with Binance
- 9 How to use Trezor with Kraken
- 10 How to use Trezor with Uniswap
- 11 Use Trezor on Android
- 12 Use Trezor with Ronin
- 13 Final thought
Trezor wallet explained
Trezor is a wallet that serves to store cryptocurrency access. This is the first safe Bitcoin hardware wallet. Because this hardware is included in a cold wallet that is not connected to the internet directly. Trezor was developed by SatoshiLabs.
In terms of design, very different from the futuristic-looking Ledger. The Trezor display is not too flashy because it looks like a small calculator with an OLED screen.
This hardware wallet is compatible with Android devices and with the Trezor Wallet app. Trezor builds an isolated environment for offline transaction signing. It minimizes the risk of the private key is exposed, even if the PC is infected with malware.
Each Trezor wallet has a PIN code that is always generated fresh from your wallet. The PIN is created to ensure that even if the computer you are using can be compromised, your PIN will not be stolen. The PIN system in Trezor also has a built-in system that prevents hacking attempts.
Is Trezor a good wallet?
If you look at Trezor from a security standpoint, this is a great wallet because it provides the best security for bitcoin (BTC). This hardware wallet will protect against physical and virtual theft.
This wallet becomes your equipment using a private key. And you can restore so the entire wallet can be backed up with 24 words generated during setup.
During setup, Trezor will generate 24 seed phrases using RNG from devices and computers. It will generate seeds offline and display them on the TREZOR screen. This means that the seed is never on any internet-connected device. Meanwhile, a PIN code is required during setup and is required for purchases.
In terms of security, Trezor is among the best, but if you are looking for a hardware wallet with a simpler appearance, this might not be your wallet of choice. There is a Ledger wallet with a sleek design like a flash drive.
How do I set up a Trezor wallet?
When you buy Trezor and get to come to your house, after opening the box, you will find five items. TREZOR hardware wallet., Seed Recovery Card, Lanyards, Instruction paper, USD to Micro USB cable.
For setting up the first time, the steps are as follows:
Connect TREZOR to your computer
This is the first preparation. To connect you use the USB cable provided in the purchase package. Once connected you will see a lock icon and a prompt asking you to go to trezor.io/start.
Go to trezor.io/start
Click the link to go, learn how Trezor PINs and recovery seeds work. Then, choose whether you want to subscribe to the newsletter or not, and continue setting up your device.
Install Trezor Wallet
Go to wallet.Trezor.io if you are not redirected. In order for your device to communicate with your Trezor wallet, you can install the Trezor Chrome Extension or Trezor Bridge for your operating system.
Install the latest firmware
This is the fourth step. When the package is sent, no firmware will be installed, it is for the sake of security so that it will get the latest firmware. Click “Yes, Install” to start the firmware installation for the first time.
You should pay attention to whether the firmware fingerprint on the browser screen matches the one on your Trezor. Click Next if you are sure that the firmware fingerprint is correct.
Give a Name the device Trezor
Unplug and plug it back in to reconnect the device and open wallet.Trezor.io.
Next, you have to set your PIN. Maybe you are a little confused because the display in the browser is just like a grid. Don’t worry it’s not difficult.
You just need to go look at your Trezor device, then create a PIN number combination through that device and press it sequentially on your browser.
When all matches click enters and repeats the PIN creation process once again to confirm the PIN.
Write down seed phrase recovery
Next, your Trezor device will display a unique combination of 24 words called a seed phrase. This will be your secret key to recover your account in case you lose your device. Write down all these words sequentially on the Seed Recovery Card contained in the purchase package.
You have to remember to store the seed phrase safely and don’t let it be stolen by anyone.
Enter the PIN to access the wallet
Go to wallet.Trezor.io from your browser, then enter your PIN, press enter and access your wallet for the first time.
You should be logged in to your Trezor wallet dashboard, where you have access to use or manage your wallet.
How do I buy Bitcoins with a Trezor wallet?
How to buy Bitcoin using Trezor you can read in the user manual wiki.trezor.io. Here is the summary.
- Go to the Trezor wallet and connect your Trezor device. After you access the wallet find the Buy tab in the top menu.
- After the Bitcoin purchase form box appears, fill in the amount you want to buy at least 50 Euros.
- Selecting the offer, there is Simplex and BTC Direct.
- If you choose Simplex you will be asked to verify the recipient’s address before you can proceed.
- Verify the authenticity of the recipient’s address by clicking the Verify address and verify address buttons on your Trezor device screen.
- Click confirm purchase if it is correct, it will be redirected on the checkout interface, it may ask you for anti-AML and KYC documents to complete the transaction.
- If you choose BTC Direct then you will be forwarded to the BTCdirect website. You must register and comply with AML and KYC according to procedures.
How to use the Trezor bridge
Trezor bridge is an application that runs in the browser in background mode. How to use the user must install the latest bridge according to the computer’s specifications, whether using Windows, Linux, or Mac. Install Trezor bridge
Trezor Bridge is just an application that facilitates the community between Trezor devices and supported brokers.
How to use Trezor for Axie infinity
The NFT based game Axie Infinity is gaining popularity among crypto enthusiasts, many Trezor users are asking how to use Trezor for Axie Infinity. The video below shows in detail how to use Trezor on Axie Infinity.
How to use a Trezor with Coinbase
Coinbase users can also transfer their assets to the Trezor wallet. It is probably because of risk and chooses a hardware wallet considered it is much more secure. here are the steps you need to do:
- Connect device Trezor to your PC.
- Connect Trezor device to PC and go to wallet.trezor.io, log in using your PIN.
- Choose which Trezor account to accept crypto assets from Coinbase.
- From the selected Trezor account click “Receive” on the menu button on the top bar of the page. Note that you choose the correct address for the cryptocurrency that you will receive from Coinbase. Do not choose a BCH address if you are going to send BTC.
- Verify the address on the computer screen matches the one on the Trezor screen.
- Next, select the option to use a QR code or continue, you use the Coinbase app, choose with a QR code, just scan through your app.
- From the PC screen highlight and copy the address from wallet.trezor.io.
Login to Coinbase account
- The next step is to log in to your Coinbase account using your email and password.
- Then click “account” from your Coinbase account dashboard in the menu on the top bar.
- Select the crypto account that you will transfer to your Trezor, for BTC it is called MyWallet which is displayed next to the logo. Others by crypto name, for example, BCH is called BCH wallet.
- Enter the Trezor address that you copied earlier in the Recipient box, also enter the amount you want to send.
- Click Continue to confirm where a notification will appear “Your transaction is on the way” to track you can look at your transaction details view.
How to use Trezor with Binance
The steps for transferring crypto assets from Binance are basically the same as transferring from Coinbase, essentially from Trezor wallet copying the crypto asset address to receive. Then log in to Binance to process the fund’s transfer. The basic difference with sending from Coinbase is just a different interface.
The step of getting a crypto asset address to receive has been described above. Following are the steps on how to transfer from Binance.
- The first step is to log in to your Binance account using your email and password.
- Click the “Funds” menu in the top bar then select “Withdrawal”.
- Choose the coin that you want to transfer to your Trezor wallet. Don’t choose the wrong address, because it will be bad if you get it wrong.
- Paste the coin address you copied from your Trezor wallet.
- Enter the amount you want to send, then click “Submit”. finish, you just waiting for your coin received in Trezor wallet.
How to use Trezor with Kraken
If you use Kraken and want to secure your crypto assets to transfer to the Trezor wallet, the process is similar to receiving crypto coins from Coinbase or Binance.
You must get the address that matches the one you want to transfer from Kraken. The steps for sending crypto assets from Kraken to the Trezor wallet are as follows:
- Login to your Kraken account.
- Click on the “Funding” tab and choose “withdraw”.
- A select crypto account that you want to transfer, let say Bitcoin.
- On Withdraw Bitcoin, Add wallet.
- Enter the description, and coin address of the Trezor wallet, then save.
- Click the withdrawal confirmation link in your email used for your Kraken account.
- Go back to Kraken on Funding > Withdraw > Bitcoin.
- Click the pull-down menu and find the wallet you just saved. Then find the Address field.
- Enter the coin address of the Trezor wallet and paste it in the address field, and enter the amount to be sent in the amount field. You must ensure that the transfer address is correct. You can cancel or review withdrawals. If it is correct click Confirm withdrawal.
How to use Trezor with Uniswap
We couldn’t figure out how to connect the Trezor wallet with Uniswap. Uniswap currently only supports a few wallets, Metamask, Walletconnect, Coinbase wallet, Fortmatic, and Portis.
However, we thought that maybe Trezor users could connect with Metamask, which then gave permission to connect to Uniswap.
The step you can try is to install the Metamask extension in your browser, then connect Trezor with Metamask.
How to Use Trezor with Metamask as the following step:
- To connect, click connect hardware wallet, in the upper right corner.
- Connect the Trezor device to the computer then click Connect to Trezor.
- Click export on the Trezor Connect screen, enter the Trezor wallet PIN select the Trezor wallet crypto address you want to manage, and click UNLOCK to complete.
Connect Metamask with Uniswap
- Go to the UniSwap website and click the “Connect to a wallet” button, and select the “MetaMask” digital wallet among the wallets supported by the UniSwap platform.
- The MetaMask pop-up window will appear. Select the MetaMask account you want to connect with UniSwap and then click the “Next” button. If Uniswap doesn’t detect your MetaMask wallet right away, try reloading the page and making sure you’re logged into your MetaMask account.
- After selecting the address, click the “Connect” button and wait for the process of connecting the MetaMask and UniSwap wallets to complete. If it is successful, you can start using Uniswap which is already connected to the MetaMask Digital wallet.
Use Trezor on Android
Trezor allows you to use android for Trezor wallet, the step is to connect the Trezor device to your smartphone
Trezor allows you to use android for the Trezor wallet. The step is to connect the Trezor device to your smartphone. Then open the Chrome browser and go to it wallet.trezor.io. The steps for using Trezor on Android are more or less the same as on PC.
For Trezor connection on android using WebUSB, which is available for Trezor Model T and for Trezor One starting from firmware 1.7.0. Besides, Trezor also supports third-party applications such as Mycelium, Sentinel, or Walleth.
Use Trezor with Ronin
Ronin wallet is associated with the game Axie Infinity, this wallet is used in the Axie game ecosystem.
You may find complete information from the video above on how to connect Trezor and Ronin wallets.
Trezor is a hardware wallet that is another option besides Ledger for users. With all its advantages and disadvantages, Trezor provides much better security protection than cold wallets.
Note: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice or offer, each investor bears their own risk.
You may like